What you can expect during the week:
We believe that one of the core keys to growing as followers of Jesus is in a learn together in a small group context. We also value our life together outside Sunday gatherings so we meet at different times throughout the week for coffee, times of prayer, celebrations, birthdays, discipleship, fun, laughter, bible studies and times of learning.
The groups will look different from group to group but will be gathered around a few core principles: prayer, learn, care, discern.
- Prayer will involve listening to the Holy Spirit together and often praying for one another.
- Learning will happen through focused bible studies or reflecting on teaching or other material.
- Care will involve how we support and care for each other.
- Discern will be how the Holy Spirit is leading us to engage our lives in our places of work, study, ministry and ultimately how we continue to connect and love our neighbourhood.
In 2016, there are a number of Small Groups happening:
– Kingdom Theology small group book study: This is for anyone who would be interested in understanding and learning more about the theology and practice of the Kingdom of God as a core value of the Vineyard movement.
The small group is working through the book ‘Naturally Supernatural‘ by Gary Best with questions after each chapter. Gary Best really sees himself as just an average follower of Jesus, struggling to overcome unbelief, doubt, fear and self-consciousness, but in the end choosing to obey the promptings of the Holy Spirit and seeing God do amazing things. The book is full of stories of what happened when he obeyed the prompting of the Holy Spirit. It will encourage and challenge you to begin to step out in faith and risk being a fool for Christ.
James Witwiki and Christie Anderson are hosting a group every other Tuesday at 3pm.
– Wednesday Small Group: This group meets weekly on Wednesday mornings at 10:30am followed by lunch together. They meet throughout the year and study different books of the Bible. Jamie Hellewell and James Witwiki (and sometimes Dawn Humphreys) are hosting this group
– Women’s Small Group: This group meets weekly on Wednesday mornings at 10:30am to learn about Jesus together and pray for one another. Christie Anderson, Sharon Milligan and Dawn Humphreys are hosting this group.
– Friday Small Group: This meets every other week on Friday evenings for 10 weeks. Jamie and April are hosting this group.
Please check the upcoming events section for information on small groups and community events.
We would love to have you visit us any time and if you would like more information please contact us at email@example.com